Internet marketing for law firms is a necessity in today’s fast-paced digital world. Effectively marketing a law firm online requires multiple factor, including a powerful website, well-maintained social media profiles, and effective advertising. High-quality content will pull everything together as you attract curious search engine users to your firm.
Build a strong website
- Law firms need to construct formidable websites to compete in the legal world, especially because so much of your business comes from local clients.
- Your website serves as the foundation of your Internet marketing efforts.
- It’s where you will provide basic information about your services, as well as post high-quality content for your current and potential clients.
- Your website should be an accurate reflection of your law firm, its practices, and its values.
- Your website can also serve other functions as well, like offering free information (though not consultations) online to answer common legal questions that are common in your field or area.
Create Specialized Pages for Each Service
- Many law firms will have multiple specialties or offer different services. This is true even for hyper-specialized law firms.
- Those that specialize in family law, for example, might offer divorce services, prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, estate planning, or custody arrangements.
- These all fall under one category of family or marital law, but they are distinct specialties and people searching for these specific services want to be able to find them quickly.
- For best results, make each specialty clear either with a drop down menu or in a clickable CTA menu, as seen in the example below.
Provide Valuable Content
- Value is always good, because it keeps people coming back to you.
- Creating extra content can not only offer more information that your clients are desperately looking for, but it can also give you more room to rank for keywords and draw in relevant traffic.
- Users searching for “how much does divorce cost” are likely looking for a lawyer, after all.
- Valuable content can take several forms. A common one would be an FAQ placed in a designated page on your site.
- This FAQ could contain questions and answers to the inquiries that you hear most often.
Include Video to Build Trust
- Pictures can help enhance your branding, but video can really sell the deal and win over new potential clients.
- Video is naturally engaging, and having it on both social media and your website can make it easier to build a fast rapport with potential clients.
- Videos can help you to bridge that gap. They’re inherently more emotional, and seeing someone talking about issues that are important to you can flesh them out and make them feel more real.
- This can build that rapport early on, so maybe the client will be a little quicker to trust you when the consultation rolls around.
Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage
- If someone searches for you online, most likely your LinkedIn profile will end up somewhere on the first page of the results.
- As such, you should keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date (that means a professional picture as well) and use keywords to describe your practice.
- Then, use LinkedIn to disseminate content to demonstrate your expertise and engage with others to boost your reputation.
- This is a great way to build trust among potential clients, plus it factors into Google rankings. Google, Yelp, Avvo, and Facebook are top sites for reviews.
- Ask for reviews from clients after a good result, and make it easy for them to do so.
- A particularly effective time to ask for reviews is when you have a client apologizing for late payments and asks if there’s anything they can do to make up for it.
Sign Up for Google My Business
- Google My Business (GMB) puts your business on the map, literally.
- If you are on GMB, a Google search that results in your firm listing will present an image on the right-hand side with a map of your location and important information about your firm.
- If you want potential clients to find you on Google, you need to be on GMB.
- It’s Not Just for Personal Use. With nearly two billion users currently on Facebook, that’s a whole lot of potential clients you don’t want to lose out on.
- Create a law firm Facebook page and then start posting and promoting it. Use targeted Facebook ads to get in front of your potential clients.
Invest in PPC Advertising
- Pay-per-click advertising, more often referred to as PPC, can be a cost-effective way for savvy law firms to market their services online.
- Paid ads are extremely effective for lawyers because they can identify and be shown to people at the exact moment they need a lawyer.
- However, there is a downside – Paid ads are becoming increasingly more competitive and more expensive.
- Even though you only pay per click, those clicks can cost hundreds of dollars in certain instances.
Create listings in online directories
- When you upload your firm’s details on popular online legal directories, it does not just increase your overall visibility but also builds up your recognition in the legal industry.
- You should include all the possible information such as your name, your firm’s name, the team members along with their expertise, your contact details and addresses, and anything else that can help you overshadow the crowd.
- One thing to keep in mind it consistency among different directories. Also, keep track of all your listing with links so that any future updates can be made easily.
A combination of strong branding, search engine optimization, and trust-building content will help your law firm stand out from your competitors. Use these Ten marketing tips to not only get more traffic to your site, but to be more persuasive once they actually get there.
A team of Digital Marketing experts led by Vijay Sood.