Last Updated on April 2019
These SwiftPropel Trademarks Usage Guidelines (these “Guidelines”) outline how SwiftPropel Ltd. (“SwiftPropel”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) permits the use of SwiftPropel’s trademarks, brandnames, tradenames, service marks, service names, domain names and logos (collectively, “SwiftPropel Trademarks”).
- We have developed these Guidelines with the following goals in mind: We wish to make it easy for anyone to use the SwiftPropel Trademarks for Community-Oriented Efforts in a manner that helps spreading and improving SwiftPropel. “Community-Oriented Effort” means a non-profit project or meetup. If you wish to use the SwiftPropel name in a for-profit project, please contact us as specified below.
- We wish to make it clear how SwiftPropel-related businesses and projects can, or cannot use the SwiftPropel Trademarks.
- We wish to prevent anyone from using the SwiftPropel Trademarks in an unfairly profit form and to trick or confuse people who are looking for resources officially released by SwiftPropel.
- You acknowledge and agree that We are the sole and exclusive owners of the SwiftPropel Trademarks and that We retain all intellectual property rights in and to the SwiftPropel Trademarks and goodwill associated with SwiftPropel Trademarks, and any goodwill generated by your use of any SwiftPropel Trademarks will inure to Our exclusive benefit. You shall at no time contest, challenge, encourage or aid third parties in contesting the validity or ownership of any SwiftPropel Trademarks or take any action in derogation of Our rights therein, including, without limitation, applying to register any trademark, tradename or other designation that is confusingly similar in any way to the SwiftPropel Trademarks.
- Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to use and display SwiftPropel Trademarks, solely in accordance with these Guidelines and other written instructions provided by Us from time to time, and solely as a part of your business or personal project as long as all the following terms are met:
- The SwiftPropel Trademarks shall not be displayed in a manner that implies that the project is affiliated with SwiftPropel. This doesn’t just mean that in order to comply with these Guidelines you can simply write “we are not affiliated with SwiftPropel” in your footer. Rather you must refrain altogether from using misleading business practices such as using a domain name comprising solely of the word “SwiftPropel” or just using Our logo as your website’s logo.
- Your project must have discernible differences from the SwiftPropel’s software. Meaning, it is not a redistribution of the SwiftPropel software.
- Your use of the SwiftPropel Trademarks is not displayed in a manner that implies that your project, products and/or services are endorsed or sponsored by SwiftPropel. For example, calling your project “SwiftPropel Media Gallery” is prohibited, whilst using “Media Gallery For SwiftPropel” is permitted.
- If you add features to the SwiftPropel’s software, you can state “Powered by SwiftPropel” but you cannot sell your products as “SwiftPropel”.
- Any word that implies premium features, such as “SwiftPropel Gold”, “SwiftPropel Plus” or “SwiftPropel Platinum” is prohibited.
- Using the SwiftPropel Trademarks’ colors as a part of your website’s branding is ok if you provide services based on SwiftPropel’s services or software. You shall not do so if this misleads people to think that the website is a formal SwiftPropel site.
- Any deceptive practices, such as using domain names that are meant to mislead people to think that they are using an official SwiftPropel website are prohibited.
- All use of SwiftPropel Trademarks (including any goodwill arising therefrom) shall solely benefit SwiftPropel. Any display of the SwiftPropel Trademarks shall be only in the exact format in which We provide it. No alternate stylization or representation or is permitted. Specifically, you may not change the color proportion, or font of any of SwiftPropel Trademarks, or make any additions to or remove any elements from SwiftPropel Trademarks.
- SwiftPropel Trademarks shall not be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that SwiftPropel Trademarks.
- SwiftPropel Trademarks may not be displayed or used in any manner together with or in the context of any content which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, offensive, indecent, pornographic, abusive, discriminatory, fraudulent, threatening or vulgar; or which harms or may harm the goodwill of SwiftPropel (in SwiftPropel’s reasonable discretion). The above examples of unlawful and prohibited use do not constitute an exhaustive list
- Unless you received Our explicit consent, under no circumstances is it permitted to use SwiftPropel Trademarks as part of a domain name or top-level domain name. We reserve the right to withdraw any abovementioned consent at anytime.
- We do not allow the use of the SwiftPropel Trademarks in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
- Use of any SwiftPropel Trademarks is at your own risk. The uses permitted hereunder are provided by SwiftPropel Trademarks “AS-IS”, without any warranties whatsoever, including (without limitation) any warranty of title and non-infringement. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SwiftPropel and SwiftPropel affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your use of the SwiftPropel Trademarks. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, SwiftPropel reserves the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
- SwiftPropel reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time, at its sole discretion, with immediate effect. In addition, where SwiftPropel finds that you are failing to comply with this policy, SwiftPropel may promptly extract you from its affiliates program and use any and all legal means in its power to stop your activity. SwiftPropel reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these Guidelines.
A few examples to help you understand how to apply these Guidelines:
- You want to open a Meetup group for SwiftPropel users in your area, and you call it “SwiftPropel Developers Meetup Group – Los Altos”.
- You want to write a theme for SwiftPropel and call it “Darkness Theme for SwiftPropel”.
- You organize a meetup and call it “SwiftPropel 2019 Meetup”.
- You set up a website called “SwiftPropel-Templates.com”.
- You set up a website called “SwiftPropel-Jobs.io”
When in doubt about your use of the SwiftPropel name or logo, please contact email@example.com for clarification.
This may be relevant if you want to use the SwiftPropel Trademarks as a part of your conference, website, group or other logo or if you’re planning on selling any physical product, t-shirts, cups, sweaters or just print stickers.