Prevent / disable automatic hyperlinks in Excel
As we all known, Excel create clickable hyperlinks automatically when we input the web addresses into cells. Maybe, sometimes, this is somewhat annoying. Today, I will introduce some quick tricks for you to prevent automatic hyperlinks in Excel.
The build-in Autocorrect Options in Excel can help you to disable the automatic hyperlinks when you enter the web address. Do as this:
1. In Excel 2010/2013, click File > Options and in Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options to open the Excel Options dialog.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Proofing from the left pane, and click AutoCorrect Options in the right section. See screenshot:
3. And then in the AutoCorrect dialog, click AutoFormat As You Type tab, and uncheck Internet and network paths with hyperlinks option under Replace as you type section, see screenshot:
4. After finishing the settings, click OK > OK to close the dialogs.
5. And now when you enter your web address into a cell, the internet address will not become clickable hyperlink. See screenshot: